Best of the Best
Design + Psychology
Design Pattern Galleries and Libraries
Responsive Web Design (RWD)
Animatics and Storyboards
Navigation, Search, and Filtering
User Experience (UX) Design
Designing for Play
User Experience Flows and Maps
- Reduce - The simplest way to achieve simplicity is through thoughtful reduction.
- Organize - Organization makes a system of many appear fewer.
- Time - Savings in time feel like simplicity.
- Learn - Knowledge make everything simpler.
- Differences - Simplicity and complexity need each other.
- Context - What lies in the periphery of simplicity is definitely not peripheral.
- Emotion - More emotions are better than less.
- Trust - In simplicity we trust.
- Failure - Some things can never be made simple.
- The One - Simplicity is about subtracting the obvious and adding the meaningful.
- Away - More appears like less by simply moving it far, far away.
- Open - Openness simplifies complexity.
- Power - Use less, gain more.
Maeda, J. (2006) The Laws of Simplicity. The MIT Press.